novel GmbH is world-wide known for it’s state of the art sensor technology products, which help to tackle many different kinds of problems, in diverse areas of expertise – from automotive, over sports up to revolutionary medical products. novel stands for: innovation, quality and accuracy – and that is why, we provide solutions for most big players, in their particular industry.
As we expect our products to be of highest quality and help, to our various customers, this requires the constant willingness and dedication to never stop searching for and developing new features and solutions.
In the offered position you will have the chance to benefit of our over 30 years knowledge, experience and expertise, while applying your own expertise and passion for software development and gaining even more practical competencies.
In cooperation with our experienced mentors, you will self responsibly design new solutions, but also widen your scientific competencies and achieve the doctoral degree, as a milestone in your scientific reputation.
You will benefit of a long-term position, the professional network, novel has built since over 30 years and you will be part of one of novel’s newest scientific projects: A EU-wide scientific study that is designed to soften the problem of growing numbers of diabetes cases all over the world. Contributing to this project, we will deploy your software expertise to built the next generation of diabetes products – you will exchange ideas and make social, cross-departmental contacts in the scientific field, you can benefit of, for a lifetime.
So, if you share our passion for future shaping sensor products and would welcome the idea of being a solid member to the novel team, this exceptional offer will open doors for you – Take the next level – at novel, with novel!
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for two talented individuals with a computer science background and passion for software development, preferably with experience in C++ or the QT framework (or similar).
- Computer Science background
- Experienced in working with agile framework
- Enjoy collaborating in teams to share software design and solution ideas
- Enjoy structured work
- Fluent in English
- Enjoy traveling and the exchange and co-working with EU-spread scientists
- No German resident 2019-2021 (EU funded project requirement)
- Apply software development practices and standards to develop robust and maintainable software and analyze user software
- Create and transfer scientific results into software programs
- Engineer application software
- Design highly scalable, testable code
- Discover and fix programming bugs
- Enjoy being involved in every step of the software development life cycle
- Full-time, long-term software developer position
- Experienced mentors with more than 35 years of expertise
- Innovational surroundings
- Scientific education and PHD program
- Network of Scientific experts EU- and worldwide
- Direct contact with Diabetes Experts EU-wide
- Sponsoring of living costs for you and your family